Visitor Visa

Canada issues a Tourist/Visitor Visa (technically known as Temporary Resident Visa or TRV). Whether you want to visit Canada for business, pleasure, to transit, or stay with family, you may require a temporary resident visa. Unless you are a Canadian Citizen or a Visa-Exempt National, a Visitor Visa is required to enter in Canada. You must get your TRV before appearing at your Point of Entry (POE) into Canada. It must be shown to officials at the POE. With each entry you can remain in Canada for a maximum of six months within a twelve-month period.

Eligibility Criteria

To apply for the Visitor visa a candidate must meet below requirements:

  • Have a valid passport.
  • Be in good health.
  • Have no criminal or immigration-related convictions.
  • Must have ties with home country —such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country.
  • Convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit.
  • Have enough funds for your trip.
  • You may also need a medical exam and letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada
  • You are not allowed to work or study on a visitor visa in Canada.

Validity of Stay

Visitors can stay up to 6 months in Canada. CBSA may allows you to stay for less or more than 6 months at the port of entry. They will put the date by which you need to leave on your passport. In case, they do not put any stamp in your passport, an individual can stay for 6 months from the day entered in Canada.

How we can help?

We will be conducting an assessment of your profile and determine your eligibility for Visitor Visa application. Upon the assessment, an unbiased review will be provided on your profile. If eligible, we will assist in facilitating the Visitor Visa application. For more details contact, or 905-564-1888. Click here to book an appointment for in person counseling with one of our business consultants.