Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents can sponsor their parents or grandparents for a Super Visa. A super visa lets you visit your children or grandchildren for up to 2 years at a time. It is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years. This can also be extended for up to one additional year while they are in Canada. This visas only allows them to visit and does not allow them to work or study in Canada. Dependent children cannot be included in this type of application.
In order to apply for the Super visa a candidate must meet below requirements:
- Be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- Have a signed letter from your child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:
- A promise of financial support for the length of your visit.
- The list and number of people in the household of this person.
- A copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document.
- Have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:
- Valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry.
- At least $100,000 coverage.
- Have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes are not accepted).
- Apply for a super visa from outside Canada.
- Be allowed to enter Canada.
- Take an immigration medical exam.
- Financial support (proof of funds): The child or grandchild who invites you must prove that their household meets the minimum necessary income. The following documents are examples of what can be used as proof of funds:
- Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the most recent tax year.
- Employment Insurance stubs.
- Employment letter including salary and date of hiring.
- Pay stubs.
- Bank statements.
- Meet certain other conditions.
- Must be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by end of visit.
- Ties to home country.
- The purpose of visit.
- Family and finances.
- The overall economic and political stability of your home country.
How we can help?
We will be conducting an assessment of your profile and determine your eligibility for Super Visa application. Upon the assessment, an unbiased review will be provided on your profile. If eligible, we will assist in facilitating the Visitor Visa application. For more details contact, firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-564-1888. Click here to book an appointment for in person counseling with one of our business consultants.