New Brunswick Skilled Worker Stream
The New Brunswick Skilled Worker Stream is designed for Foreign Nationals who possess the skills, education and work experience needed to contribute to New Brunswick’s economy. Candidates must meet the program’s minimum eligibility requirements, have a genuine offer of employment from a New Brunswick Employer and have the full intent to live and work in the province on a permanent basis.
Express Entry Labour Market Stream
The New Brunswick Express Entry Stream is designed for Foreign Nationals with the skills, education, and work experience to contribute to New Brunswick’s economy, who are ready to live and work in New Brunswick and meet the requirements for each stage of the Express Entry Stream.
- Have a valid an Express Entry profile;
- Currently living and working in New Brunswick, and a letter of employment from the employer must be included with the EOI;
- The National Occupational Classification (NOC) code for this current employment is for a position that matches NOC Level 0, A, or B;
- Have a valid work permit authorizing their current employment in Canada; a PDF copy must be included with the submission;
- Have a valid language test scores (IELTS, CELPIP, TEF, or TCF) with scores equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or better in all four language competencies;
- Have a valid Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) which attests to the minimum equivalent of a Canadian High School diploma if he or she did not study in Canada.
Skilled Worker with Employer Support
The New Brunswick Skilled Worker Stream is designed for Foreign Nationals who possess the skills, education and work experience needed to contribute to New Brunswick’s economy. This program will also help New Brunswick employers, unable to fill job vacancies with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, recruit foreign nationals and international graduates whose skills are needed in the province.
- Have received a genuine job offer which is full-time and paid;
- Have worked for a minimum of one year in the five years preceding the date of your application in the occupation which your job offer is in;
- Be between 19 and 55 years of age;
- Achieved a minimum score a CLB 4 in listening, reading, writing and speaking on an approved language test;
- Have a minimum of the equivalent of a Canadian High School diploma for which an educational credential assessment has been issued;
- Have the required education/qualifications and/or licenses needed to fulfill the roles and responsibilities of the job being offered to you.
- Score a minimum of 60 points on the New Brunswick selection factors;
- Have the intention to live and work in New Brunswick.
Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial stream
If you studied in New Brunswick and have an active business in the province, you might be a prime candidate for immigration to Canada through the New Brunswick Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial stream, part of the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP).
- Be between 22-40 years of age.
- Have a score of at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in speaking, listening, reading and writing competencies in English or French, proven with a language test (IELTS-General, CELPIP-General or TEF).
- Have completed a full-time New Brunswick post-secondary degree or diploma for at least two years (15 hours of class per week) from a recognized university or community college.
- Have resided in New Brunswick during the academic program (no distance-learning programs or compressed academic programs are eligible).
- Have owned and operated a business in New Brunswick for at least one full year (100% ownership of business equity).
- Have a valid post-graduation work permit.
- Demonstrate intent and ability to settle in New Brunswick.
- Have a minimum score of 65 out of 100 in the points assessment grid.
New Brunswick Business Immigration stream
The New Brunswick Business Immigration stream is an economic immigration pathway for experienced entrepreneurs who are ready to establish, operate and actively manage a business while living and settling in New Brunswick permanently.
- Have an eligible connection to New Brunswick (details below);
- Be between 22-55 years of age;
- Have a minimum language ability of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 or better in English or French;
- Have completed a minimum of two years of full-time post-secondary education after completing high school;
- Have a verifiable personal net worth of at least CAD $600,000, of which at least CAD $300,000 must be liquid and unencumbered funds;
- Have at least three out of five years of experience in managing and owning a business (of at least 33.3%) OR
- have five years out of five of experience in a senior business management role or more;
- Want to live permanently in New Brunswick, while owning and managing a local business; and
- Be able to invest at least $250,000 CAD of their own funds to establish a business in New Brunswick.